General Terms & Conditions
- The Language Corner general terms and conditions apply to all agreements between Language Corner, having its registered seat at Jacob van Lennepstraat 243B, 1053 JD, Amsterdam (“Language Corner”), and any company (“Company”) purchasing course(s), training(s), classes, or similar services (“Courses”) for one or more students (“Students”).
- The Agreement for Companies starts on the date that the Company (i) give accordance on the written offer made by Language Corner. The mutual agreed offer, together with these Terms, are hereinafter to be referred to as “Agreement”.
The Course starts of the date stated in the Agreement or – in case no specific date is mentioned – at the moment that the first lesson with the Students is scheduled.
- The courses provided by Language Corner can be divided in different proficiency levels. Students may require an entry level before being admitted to a Course. Admittance to the Course the Student has been assigned to can be conditional upon the Student passing an assessment test, assessed by Language Corner, based upon agreed entry level requirements.
- During the Course the Student has enrolled to, the Student may request to be transferred to a different proficiency level. Language Corner shall honour such request in case all of the following applies: (i) There’s capacity to fit the Student in the class for the proficiency level the Student has requested; and (ii) the Student has reached the entry level of the requested proficiency level.
Courses take place at the location which is stated in the Agreement. The standard location of the classes is at Rietwijkerstraat 10, 1059 VZ in Amsterdam. If there are no classrooms available at this location, Language Corner reserves the right to relocate its Courses to another facility within the city of Amsterdam.
Language Corner reserves the right to dismiss any Student displaying unacceptable, discriminating, racist, sexual, aggressive or other inappropriate behaviour to the reasonable opinion of Language Corner, at any time, without the Company being entitled to any form of refund, compensation or damages.
Prices and payment conditions
- All prices stated in the Agreement are in EURO and are inclusive of VAT. Language Corner cannot be held responsible for typographical mistakes.
- The Courses will be invoiced prior the start of the course. Payment can be done by wire transfer to Language Corner’s bank account (NL93KNAB0254928684, Language Corner) stating the invoice number.
Cancellation by the Company
- The Student’s inability to attend a lesson (or entire Course) is at risk of the Company and Language Corner has no obligation to refund any (part of) money.
- The Company may cancel the Agreement up to 10 days before the start of the Course by submitting written (e-mail or post) notice to Language Corner of such termination. In case the payment is already made, the Company shall receive a full refund.
- In case cancellation of the Agreement by the Company take place within 7 days before the start of the Course, the full Course must be paid by the Company.
- A lesson can be rescheduled by the Company if the Company gives at least 48 hours’ written (e-mail or post) notice. The rescheduled lesson should take place within 14 days. There is a maximum of 2 lessons per 90 days that can be rescheduled for free.
Rescheduling by Language Corner
- Language Corner may postpone the Course up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the Course. In this case the Company will be given the opportunity to start at another date suggested by Language Corner or receive a full refund of the Course Fee.
- Language Corner reserves at any time the right to reschedule a lesson in case the assigned teacher is unable to attend the lesson in case of sickness or circumstances beyond the teacher’s reasonable control.
Refunds are wire transferred from the Language Corner bank account within 5 workdays of receipt of communication.
- All notices, under the Agreement, to Language Corner are to be made either by post addressed to Language Corner at Rietwijkerstraat 10 H, 1059 VZ, Amsterdam or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Language Corner shall respond to all communication received either by post, e-mail or phone which requires response within 5 workdays from receipt of such communication.
- Language Corner shall only use the personal information of the Students of the Company for the following purposes: (i) for registration and enrolment of the Student in the course; (ii) newsletters and commercial offers from Language Corner (not from any other third party); and (iii) any other communication from Language Corner relevant for the Student.
- If Students don’t want to receive any newsletters, commercial offers or any other communication from Language Corner, they can send Language Corner a written request. Personal information then will only be used for registration and enrolment.
Limitation of liability
- Language Corner shall not be liable under any agreement for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, or any other similar damages under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability or any other theory). Further, Language Corner shall not be liable, in any way, for theft, damage or loss of the Student’s personal effects.
- The Company assumes all responsibility for the selection of the Course necessary to achieve the Student’s intended results, and for the use and results of the Course. Language Corner makes no warranty for any Course to be fir for any intended purpose.
- Language Corner may take photos and videos of the Students for inclusion in promotional material (brochures, websites, etc.) unless the Company or Student has explicitly communicated an objection to this.
- Language Corner, or its licensors, own all intellectual property in any work published either on its website, hardcopy hand-outs and digital works shown or provided to the Students. The Students shall not be allowed, without the prior written consent of Language Corner to copy, distribute, or use the materials in any other way as strictly necessary for successful completion of the Course.
- These Terms together with the mutual agreed offer represents the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior or current understandings, whether written or oral. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the mutual agreed offer, the mutual agreed offer will prevail.
- The Agreement will be governed by the laws of The Netherlands. The parties consent to the jurisdiction by the courts of Amsterdam for any claim relating to this Agreement. Notwithstanding the parties’ right to submit a claim to the courts of Amsterdam, the Company shall omit to try to resolve any dispute under the Agreement by submitting a formal complaint in accordance with Language Corner’s formal complaint procedure which shall be provided to the Company upon the Company’s earliest request.