General terms & conditions
Version: April 15th 2020
Article 1 Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Language Corner: the company that provides language courses to students at the request of the company where the students work for.
- Student: a person who is taking one or more language courses from Language Corner at the request of the company he or she works for.
- The Company: a company or organization who has an agreement with Language Corner to provide language courses to one or more of the employees of the company or organisation.
- The Agreement: the agreement between Language Corner and the Company where Language Corner delivers language courses to students, for which courses the Company will pay Language Corner.
- Course: one language course, consisting of several lessons.
Article 2 Applicability
- These terms and conditions apply to any offer or agreement from Language Corner and the Company and represent the entire agreement between Language Corner and the Company.
- In case of conflicting provisions, the provisions in the Agreement will prevail.
- In the event that the Company uses her own terms and conditions, the general terms and conditions of Language Corner will apply only. Other terms and conditions are not valid in any way.
Article 3 The Agreement
- The Agreement becomes valid when the Company – or Student on behalf of the Company – has accepted the offer of Language Corner.
- If the Company has accepted the offer via the website of Language Corner, Language Corner shall confirm to the Company that the offer is accepted. As long as the acceptance of the offer is not confirmed by Language Corner, the Agreement is not final.
- Language Corner may, within the limits of the law, gather information about the Company’s ability to fulfil the payment obligations. If Language Corner, based on the information gathered, has reasons to believe that the Company is not capable or willing to fulfil the payment, Language Corner is entitled to cancel the Agreement.
Article 4 Courses and rescheduling
- A Course starts on the day which is mentioned in the Agreement, or – in the case that there is no specific day mentioned – at the first day on which the Student is scheduled for the Course.
- Language Corner may postpone a Course or a lesson until 24 hours before the Course or the lesson starts. If the Student is – because of the rescheduling – not able to attend the whole Course, or the rescheduled lesson, the Student will be given the opportunity to follow the Course or lesson at another date. If the Student is not able to attend the Course or lesson on another date, Language Corner will give a refund for this Course or lesson to the Company.
- In case of sickness of the teacher or other circumstances which are beyond reasonable control of Language Corner, the Course or lesson may be adjusted, cancelled and/or rescheduled at any time.
Article 5 Proficiency levels
- The Courses are divided in different proficiency levels. Students may need to participate to an assessment to determine the desired level of the selected Course. Admittance to a Course may depend on the results of the assessment.
- During the Course, a Student may request to be transferred to another proficiency level when shown he or she has the capability to participate in the other level and when the desired Course has the capacity for an extra Student.
Article 6 Certificate
The Student will receive a Certificate of Participation and Completion (the Certificate) when he or she has successfully completed the Course. A Course is successfully completed when the Student attended at least 75% of the lessons. In case a Course consists of different parts, Students will receive a Certificate when the Student has attended at least 75% of each part of the Course.
Article 7 Location
Courses take place at the location mentioned in the Agreement. Language Corner however has the right to change the location of the Courses when necessary.
Article 8 Public Holidays
Courses may take place during public holidays. All Course dates are communicated at least 14 days prior to the starting date of the Course.
Article 9 Misbehaviour
Language Corner may dismiss any Student from a Course or lesson due to misbehaviour or inappropriate behaviour of the Student. In case a Student is dismissed because of misbehaviour or inappropriate behaving, the Company is not entitled to give a refund for the missed Course and/or lessons.
Article 10 Payment conditions
- All prices are in EURO’s and are exclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise. Language Corner cannot be held responsible for typo’s in the mentioned prices.
- The fees for the Courses will be invoiced prior to the start of the course. The invoice has to be paid ultimately on the day before the Course starts.
- When, on the starting day of the Course, the invoice has not been paid, Language Corner may refuse the Student to participate in the Course.
Article 11 Cancellation
- The Company may cancel the Agreement up to fourteen days before the original starting day of the Course. Cancellation of the Agreement (or part of the Agreement) must be done by written notice to Language Corner and must be received by Language Corner at least fourteen days before the original starting day of the Course. The Company is entitled to a full refund of the course fee.
- When the Agreement is cancelled by the Company on a shorter term than fourteen days but longer than seven days before the original starting day of the Course, the company is entitled to a 50% refund of the course fee.
- When the Agreement is cancelled by the Company on a period of notice shorter than seven days, the Company must pay 100% of the course fee.
- A lesson can be rescheduled on request of the Company when the written request (by e-mail or post) is received by Language Corner at least 48-hours prior to the start of the lesson, with a maximum of two lessons per Course. The rescheduled lesson should take place within 14 days.
- If the Company wishes to reschedule more than two lessons per Course, a fee of € 50,00 will be charged per rescheduled lesson.
- The student’s inability to attend a lesson (or the entire course) is at the Company’s risk. The Company is not entitled to a refund of (a part of) the Course fee.
Article 12 Complaints
- Complaints about the content of the full Course, a lesson or the teacher should be made within 7 days after the specific lesson or Course has taken place, or within 7 days after the teacher’s behaviour where the complaint is based on.
- Complaints should be made in writing, by e-mail or post, and must be well-motivated.
- Language Corner will respond within 7 days after receiving the complaint. Should a complaint require a foreseeable longer time for handling, Language Corner will respond within 7 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the Company or Student can expect a substantive response.
Article 13 Privacy
- In the Assignment, the Company has confirmed the permission of the Student(s) to process personal data.
- Language Corner uses personal data only for the following purposes:
- Registration of the attending course and scheduling of the lessons;
- Newsletters and offers from Language Corner;
- Providing relevant information to the Student.
- The Student has the right to inspect, change, delete or transfer his or her personal data as well as the right to information.
Article 14 Intellectual property
- Language Corner may take photos and videos of the Students for the use of promotional material such as flyers, posters, images for the website, brochures and films, unless the Student explicitly requested not to do so.
- Language Corner owns all intellectual property of all photos and videos mentioned in the first paragraph of this article.
- Language Corner also owns all intellectual property of everything which is published on her website, hand-outs, and all work, in hand out or digital, shown to the Company and/or the Students.
Article 15 Damages and liability
- Language Corner is not liable for damages or the loss of any property of the Students.
- Language Corner cannot guarantee the Company that the Course of the Student is fit for the purposes made by the Company.
Article 16 Disputes
- The Agreement and these terms and conditions are exclusively governed by Dutch Law.
- Any disputes which may arise from the Agreement and/or these terms and conditions will be exclusively submitted to the competent judge at the court of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.